Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.cellular.t-mobile,sci.electronics.repair
Kerry Blethan Kerry Blethan is offline

Default Would you file an FTC or FCC complaint for Android T-Mobile ROMlies?

The Real Bev wrote:

FCC 888-225-5322 http://www.fcc.gov/complaints (deceptive advertising)
FTC 877-382-4357 https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/Details#crnt

OK, I complained to both. The FTC complaint contained a bit of
clarification missing in my FCC complaint:

I hope you don't mind, but I filed the same complaint that you did!

"When I was first interested in buying an Android cellphone, I
had realized that I wanted an external sdcard in order to NOT
be limited by the internal phone memory.

Every provider of phones gives the amount of internal FLASH memory
(in my case, 4GB) along with the fact that a slot for an external
SD card ("up to 32 GB", in my case) is provided (or not provided).

HOWEVER, NO CONSUMER WARNING is provided by the manufacturer on
any of their advertisements, web sites, specifications, manuals,
or technical support phone calls, that IT'S IMPOSSIBLE to move
the preloaded apps off that internal memory onto the sd card!

If companies provide the amount of USABLE memory to the consumer,
instead of the worthless specification of TOTAL MEMORY, Consumers
would not be tricked into buying a phone that turns out to not
be as advertised.

In short, the advertisements should make it clear to the
consumers that the sdcard memory is UNUSABLE for application
storage. Anything less said, is intended to mislead the
consumer. That is fraud."