Crooksie

Default Dishwasher Element Problem

hi there,
there will be no power on the wires until the machine calls for heat, ie
when the machine has water in there. best to just get a new element.
bob
"Chris" wrote in message
Our Hoover Dishwasher got stuck in mid cycle last night. A quick diagnosis
revealed a hole blown in the element. I've removed the element but before

spend out on a new one, does anyone think that the resultant short may

have
damaged some other part of the machine (controller?). As the machine is
around eight years old I would hate to spend out around 30 quid on a new
element only to find I should have put it to towards a new machine

instead!

I've put a voltmeter across the element wires & run the machine up, but

I'm
not sure at what point the element should come on, also would there be a
voltage with no water in the machine?