Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

Default Do latching footswitches always click ?

"N_Cook" wrote in message
On 08/04/2014 09:52, Gareth Magennis wrote:
"N_Cook" wrote in message
If something quacks like a duck ...
Alpha M footswitches, have a definite click action by finger feel and by
sound, but only a momentary action. Is there a flavour of momentary
switch
that has a click effect for psychological feed back to the operator?
SPDT,
2 have 2J4 and one 2J3 white stencilled on the switch body.
3 such in a piece of kit only 3 to 6 months old, but now only momentary.
I'll break into one to check, but anyone come across momentary switches
with click action?

Marshall use them in some footswitch units. It is a soft click, unlike
the
latching ones, but a definite click.

There are no manufacturers marks on these switches so I have no idea who
makes them.

Gareth.

I'll look out for those, noticeably different feel to finger actuation
compared to definite mechanical toggle switch action?

Yes, more of a heavy duty tactile switch type operation.

Gareth.