Kevin & Theresa Miller

Default Color: whether you want to know about it or not. (really longreply)

Dan Bollinger wrote:
Let's not forget that wood, with its beautiful figure, burls, etc., is

God's work.

Uh, daring to start a flaming, crusading war, let's stick to woodturning
instead of religion. However, if this thread is important to you, I
encourage you to take it to alt.religion where it would be more appropriate.

Uh, daring to react to a flaming, crusading war, let's let people post their
opinions w/o censor. To a committed Christian, Jew, what have you, all aspects
of their lives are relivant in light of their faith. Whether they appreciate
the sublime in a naturally finished burl or via more direct representational
artistic expressions they should be afforded the right to express it. Others
don't have to buy into it, but if the group can endure a discussion about female
sex toys w/o disintegrating, I think we can live with an occaisional reference
to deity. There's a difference between living your faith publically, and
cramming it down other's throats. IMHO, Barry is living his publically. On the
other hand, attemtps at censorship smack of cramming one's lack of faith down
another's throat. I find the latter much more offensive...

....Kevin
--
Kevin & Theresa Miller
Juneau, Alaska