Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Another project completed and set up

On 4/7/2014 6:11 PM, Leon wrote:
3 weeks after buying the materials for the sewing desk it is complete
and ready for my wife to clutter up. ;~)

The only thing real fancy is the joinery, which you cannot see, and the
soft close 24" full extension soft close drawer slides.

The desk top is approximately 97" x 30" total. Because of the shorter
8' ceilings and hair pin turn at the top of the stairs I felt it best to
make the top into two sections, split in half front to back. The gap is
hardly noticeable. Two draw latches on the bottom and 5 Domino tenons,
on the mating edges of the tops hold the halves together and in
registration to each other. The front and back apron/bridges are
attached to the end cabinets with 5/16" bolts threaded into eight
threaded inserts on the sides of both cabinets.

Nice. I was able to peek without my wife seeing it. She only has one
Viking machine.