Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Another project completed and set up

On 4/7/14, 5:11 PM, Leon wrote:
3 weeks after buying the materials for the sewing desk it is complete
and ready for my wife to clutter up. ;~)

The only thing real fancy is the joinery, which you cannot see, and
the soft close 24" full extension soft close drawer slides.

The desk top is approximately 97" x 30" total. Because of the
shorter 8' ceilings and hair pin turn at the top of the stairs I felt
it best to make the top into two sections, split in half front to
back. The gap is hardly noticeable. Two draw latches on the bottom
and 5 Domino tenons, on the mating edges of the tops hold the halves
together and in registration to each other. The front and back
apron/bridges are attached to the end cabinets with 5/16" bolts
threaded into eight threaded inserts on the sides of both cabinets.

Empty

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13703016725/

Left View with $5k worth of sewing machines, The one on the left is
simply a HD Viking Husqvarna sewing machine and the one on the
right is a Husqvarna Topaz embroidery machine.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...n/photostream/

Right View

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...n/photostream/

Gorgeous as usual! Those sewing machines are a lot like woodworking
tools and musical instruments. You can *really* tell the difference in
quality and performance in the expensive ones.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--