Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.cellular.t-mobile,sci.electronics.repair
The Real Bev[_2_] The Real Bev[_2_] is offline

Default Would you file an FTC or FCC complaint for Android T-Mobile ROMlies?

On 04/05/2014 01:02 PM, Danny D. wrote:

On Sat, 05 Apr 2014 14:25:37 -0500, Paul Miner wrote:

Can you expand a bit on why you feel that the phone is useless? Surely it
works as advertised, able to do everything it's supposed to do. Is it the
case that you have one or more apps in mind that you'd like to install, but
you can't because there isn't enough space available? If that's the case, I
don't think I would call it useless.

Hi Paul,
You are exactly right.

The phone is actually a fine phone, out of the box, for anyone who doesn't
wish to install any more than a total of 600 MB of applications (and their
data).

However, if the user wishes to install more than 600MB of applications
(and their data, such as offline maps), then the phone will not allow
that to happen.

So, it's useless (to me), from my standpoint, since I had *assumed*
that I could augment the admittedly puny 4GB of internal storage with
the 32 GB microSD card.

It turns out that this is, in effect, a 600MB (internal storage for
apps) phone.

Had I known that, I never would have purchased the phone.

I keep beating my head against the wall, chastising myself for buying
the thing. It's my fault. I do agree. I was stupid. I agree. I'm an
idiot for buying this phone because I *thought* the sd card would hold
apps (it did for my Gingerbread Android phone, for example).

My key question is HOW do you guys seem to inherently *know* that the
sd card can't hold apps?

I always thought it did?
How did *you* know that it didn't?

Note: The carrier never told me this until it was too late.

I did a lot of reading about cellphones, but NOWHERE did I see it
mentioned that external sdcards couldn't run applications. I didn't ask
anybody, I just read the specs. The BLU is a fine phone aside from this
monumental drawback, which is apparently universal.

I should have read this newsgroup before buying the phone. I've found
that people who review products in various "forums" and
sales/manufacturers' websites generally don't have a clue.

:-(

--
Cheers, Bev