Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.cellular.t-mobile,sci.electronics.repair
The Real Bev[_2_] The Real Bev[_2_] is offline

Default Would you file an FTC or FCC complaint for Android T-Mobile ROMlies?

On 04/05/2014 11:34 AM, Danny D. wrote:

On Sat, 05 Apr 2014 09:24:32 -0400, TJ wrote:

Judging by that, I'd say that if the company reps said "usable" memory,
you haven't a leg to stand on. The memory on the phone is *usable." You
use it every time you turn the phone on. It's usefulness may be limited,
but that's different from "unusable." That's what the lawyers would
argue, anyway.

I do agree with you. I think my complaint won't carry much weight with
either the FTC or the FCC unless (and this is the biggie), unless I'm
not alone in considering this deceptive advertising.

For example, if hundreds or thousands of consumers complain with the same
complaint of deceptive advertising, then the FTC and/or FCC, I think,
would take it seriously.

If I'm the only one who is complaining of deceptive advertising, then,
I'm simply the one fool in the crowd who fell for it.

It's no different than when people complain about an automotive defect
or an advertising scam. If enough people complain about deceptive
advertising, the FTC and/or FCC will listen.

One complaint is just one disgruntled consumer.

HINT: If you feel like complaining, you get 1,000 characters on the
online FCC complaint form & 3,000 characters on the online FTC form:
FCC 888-225-5322 http://www.fcc.gov/complaints (deceptive advertising)
FTC 877-382-4357 https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/Details#crnt

OK, I complained to both. The FTC complaint contained a bit of
clarification missing in my FCC complaint:

"When I was first interested in buying an Android cellphone, I
determined that I
wanted an external sdcard in order to NOT be limited by the internal
phone memory.
Every single provider of phones gives the amount of internal memory (in
my case,
4GB) along with the fact that a slot for an external SD card ("up to nn
GB") is
provided. No warning is given that it's not possible to move the included
applications or run new ones on the external SD card. Indeed, many of
the phones
themselves refer to their internal memory as "sdcard", which is completely
deceptive. If companies provide the amount of memory as a selling
point, which
they do, they should make it clear that 'usable' in terms of external
storage means
"NOT usable to run applications". Anything less is fraud.

If you like my complaint, feel free to use it or any part of it in your own.

--
Cheers, Bev
Guns kill people like spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat.