Posted to uk.d-i-y
Another John Another John is offline

Default Shovelling cut grass

In article ,
fred wrote:

On Tue, 01 Apr 2014 22:27:55 +0100, John Rumm
What implement have you find is the best for shifting large piles of cut
grass?

What you want is what in Ireland is called a Grape. It is similar in
appearance to a garden digging fork except the tines are thin, round and
pointed instead of flat. The head also tends to be bigger and the handle
longer and thicker. They may be called Manure forks in your neck of the wood

Bit late to this party (been away), but: Bang on!

I have a Bulldog Muck Fork, aka a Compost Fork: mine is like this:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/ngconga

I've had it about a dozen years, and it's been one of my Top Ten Tools
since the day I bought it. It's infinitely better than a garden fork for
the job.

John