Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.cellular.t-mobile,sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Would you file an FTC or FCC complaint for Android T-Mobile ROM lies?

"Danny D." wrote in message
On Sat, 05 Apr 2014 14:47:53 +0100, Arfa Daily wrote:

I managed to shift a couple of apps to the
card, and that freed up enough space to keep me going,

I can't shift *any* of the pre-installed apps to the SD card!
The settings apps button doesn't have a MOVE (or delete).
How can you do that?

When I called LG, just now, at 800-243-0000, the representative
(Leyda, in Mobile Communications Support) said that,
after Ice Cream Sandwich, Google (not LG) disabled the ability
to load apps onto the SD card, and also removed the ability to
MOVE apps to the SD card.

So, if that's true, how did you move apps to the SD card?
(I'm so confused.)

The couple of apps that I managed to move were ones that I had put on there
myself. One was a utility to better control sounds and indications of
events - the default one treated every event pretty much the same, playing
the incoming text tune for them all - and a better texting app than the
default one. Unfortunately, that actually doesn't work well, because despite
it supposedly being selectable, the default text app won't stop being the
default, so any incoming texts now sound the tone twice as they get loaded
into both apps. This is a bit of a pain, as you then have to read them in
both apps, otherwise, one or other of them will keep bleating at you that
you have unread messages ... :-\

I had both of these apps loaded on my previous Android smartphone, which was
an HTC, and they worked just fine.

Arfa