D K Woods

Default running a business as an artist

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 20:42:23 -0500, jim swank wrote:

Investigate an LLC (Limited Liability Company) or whatever Arizona
offers that is similar. It has many advantages. Consider a consult
with SBA or SCORE before making a final decision on the business form.

Jim

Ditto! I started a software/web design business last year, and we went
with LLC, taxed as S-Corp. It's a HUGE benefit to us taxwise. My biggest
advice is, talk to an accountant. Lawyers are fine and dandy if you want
to create a big business with bulletproof paperwork, but we bypassed the
lawyer step altogether and registered the business ourself. We went to an
accountant who gave us all the information on the benefits of different
business setups. And, as the Secretary of State clerk commented, it's the
accountant who will be handling your finances, not the lawyer, and he'll
have a much better idea about it all.

david
--
It is of interest to note that while some dolphins are reported to have
learned English -- up to 50 words used in correct context -- no human being