Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.cellular.t-mobile,sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] nobody@nada.com is offline

Default Would you file an FTC or FCC complaint for Android T-Mobile ROM lies?

On Sun, 6 Apr 2014 15:43:27 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

On Sun, 06 Apr 2014 09:19:11 -0400, TJ wrote:

Strong suggestion: Learn from your experience.

The bad news is that nobody would buy this LG Optimus L9
if they truthfully advertised it's a 600MB phone for apps.

No, you wouldn't buy it if you had known that. Tens of thousands of
people own an L9 and don't see any significant number of them crying
fraud or deceptive practices. There's a reason it's a $180 phone and
not a $600 one.

The result of that bad news is that I can't use the phone
as it is (i.e., out of the box), since it is a 600MB phone
for apps (even with the 32 GB SDcard).

Yes you can use it for quite a few apps even with only 600MB ROM. You
want to use it for some apps that use an inordinate amount of space
for storing maps. My first Android phone had 1GB ROM and 512MB RAM.
It was usable for a lot of things. In fact I found the RAM size the
bigger problem. You can also have small footprint apps that will kill
the apps not currently running and take up space, freeing it for
something else. (I like Andorid Assistant)

So, the good news implication is that, even if I brick it,
I haven't lost anything, since the phone is worthless from
the get go.

You've lost the value of the phone on the market. Lots of people would
like to buy it as is. It's actually a lot of phone for it's price. I
have recommended this phone to over a dozen people because for their
meeds it's a great phone.

All I can do is make a worthless phone less worthless or
more worthless, depending on the outcome of my cyanogenmod
efforts ...

Or you could just sell it on eBay or Craigslist and cough up the extra
$299-300 for a phone that suits your needs.

I'm trying to line up my ducks with this tutorial:
http://www.androidrooting.com/how-to...9-very-easily/

And be sure you get one on how to restore the stock ROM if you ever
want to sell it.