Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptive advertising

On Sunday, April 6, 2014 2:48:43 PM UTC-4, Danny D. wrote:
On Sun, 06 Apr 2014 08:41:13 -0700, trader_4 wrote:

Why can't the consumer turn on the phone when they first take

possession and see how much free memory it has?

Funny you mention that because T-Mobile said the same thing.

And, in California, I get a full month to return the phone,

I believe.

The problem, in my case, is that it was sent to someone

as a gift, and I didn't get it back as unusable until

after that - and worse yet - precious time was lost calling

T-Mobile who repeatedly said (they lied) that we could

move apps to the SD card.

I have archived their support emails saying this, and

I referenced them in my FTC and FCC complaints.

T-Mobile purposely mislead the consumer, because no

consumer would buy the phone if they knew it only

allowed 600MB of app storage.

You know what really stinks at this point? Your continued insistance
that the phone was intended as a gift and it was "unusable".
Yet despite all the
bitching, you have yet to tell us what exactly the apps were that
require more than 600MB for the smartphone to be "usable". Somehow
I smell a rat, like this phone was intended to be used for some kind
of special apps, that require an especially large amount of memory
and you bought an entry level phone. Without giving us a simple
list of the big apps that were to be
installed but couldn't be and hence render this phone unusable,
this whole thing is a circle jerk.

As for not buying such a phone, as I've pointed out, my total app load
on my Android, including Google Chrome and every app that came pre-loaded,
plus all that I put on it, is only ~600MB. So, a phone that gave me
space for 600MB of my own apps, would be perfectly fine.