Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptive advertising

On Sunday, April 6, 2014 2:15:55 PM UTC-4, Danny D. wrote:
On Sun, 06 Apr 2014 08:32:02 -0700, trader_4 wrote:

It's just that the additional memory can't be used to

store apps, as I understand it. Do you have photos,

videos, music, etc that are hogging space and can go

to the flash card?

The device is unusable out of the box, so I have

never put it into service (it was intended as a gift).

It has zero user content.

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who finds it hard to believe
that the phone is unusable, right out of the box. Even by your own
math, it has 600MB of free space. What is unusable about that?
And even if it was "unusable", because you intended to put some
apps that take 600MB+ on it, did you take it right back to Tmobile
and what did they say?

The problem isn't the user content anyway (for that,

there is the 32GB sdcard). The problem is that it is

a 600MB phone, but if the carrier actually informed

you of that limitation, you'd never have bought the

phone (as a gift, or otherwise) in the first place.

Why not? I've installed lots of apps on my similar Android.
My *total* installed
apps, not just what I installed, but also what came preloaded,
is 670MB. Meaning I've loaded maybe a couple hundred MB. I'd
be very happy with your phone as a gift.

And my 4GB phone still has 1.3GB *free*, which is why I suspect
either there is something corrupted on the phone or you're doing
something very unusual.

That's why they lie about the memory.

Anyway, what's done is done. I'm working on unlocking

the bootloader, which isn't as simple as it sounds:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2198114

We still have yet to hear what the user added apps are that
require 600MB+? Just give us a list from the system of the
major apps and how much they are using.