Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_10_] Danny D.[_10_] is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptiveadvertising

On Sun, 06 Apr 2014 08:41:13 -0700, trader_4 wrote:

I bet that if you went back in the first week and said
I can't use this phone because my apps won't fit, they'd
do something about it, like offer to switch you up to a
better phone for the difference.

That's exactly what I've done for the other gift phone:
Should I take T-Mobile's offer of swapping the $240 LG F3 with the Nexus 5 (+ $160)
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...id/ExlUVakGkYA

In that thread, you will see that T-Mobile has agreed
with me that the LG Optimus F3 (also bought as a gift) has
the same problem as the LG Optimus L9, such that T-Mobile
offered to trade the F3 in at its full $240 value for a
16GB Nexus 5 (at $400, plus tax).

So, my $240 gift has now turned into a $400 gift (each
plus about 10% tax) simply because they lied to me when
I asked how much usable memory was on the phone.

Since I bought the LG Optimus F3 from T-Mobile, they
made good on it, even though it was returned to them
six months after it was bought (albeit at additional
cost to me); however, the T-Mobile locked LG Optimus
F3 was not bought at a T-Mobile store.

Both phones were bought as gifts, but both are unusable
as smart phones, simply because the available memory
is less than a gigabyte.

T-Mobile knows this. They try to keep it from you
for as long as they can; otherwise, you'd never buy
these phones.

That's the whole point of the complaint to the FCC/FTC.
All I want T-Mobile to do is tell the truth.