Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_10_] Danny D.[_10_] is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptiveadvertising

On Sun, 06 Apr 2014 08:41:13 -0700, trader_4 wrote:

Why can't the consumer turn on the phone when they first take
possession and see how much free memory it has?

Funny you mention that because T-Mobile said the same thing.
And, in California, I get a full month to return the phone,
I believe.

The problem, in my case, is that it was sent to someone
as a gift, and I didn't get it back as unusable until
after that - and worse yet - precious time was lost calling
T-Mobile who repeatedly said (they lied) that we could
move apps to the SD card.

I have archived their support emails saying this, and
I referenced them in my FTC and FCC complaints.

T-Mobile purposely mislead the consumer, because no
consumer would buy the phone if they knew it only
allowed 600MB of app storage.