Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_10_] Danny D.[_10_] is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptiveadvertising

On Sun, 06 Apr 2014 08:37:32 -0700, trader_4 wrote:

Even assuming it is truely loaded with apps by the carrier, why
can't you delete the apps that you don't need? Did you take a look
at how much memory each app is taking? You have something unusual on
there?

The carrier has disabled the ability to delete pre-installed apps.

Google, in Android 4.1.2, has disabled the ability to move apps
to the 32GB sdcard.

So, when you say 'why don't you just delete the apps', what
you're asking is "why not root the phone", which is what I'm
exploring before I give it away as a gift.

The phone was always intended as a gift (as my Samsung Galaxy S3
doesn't exhibit this problem). But, at the moment, it's a useless
$200 paperweight that I would never have bought had the carrier
advertised it for what it is, which is a 600MB phone for apps.

Unfortunately, it appears that unlocking the bootloader on the
P769 is one of the more difficult phones to unlock:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2198114