Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_10_] Danny D.[_10_] is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptiveadvertising

On Sun, 06 Apr 2014 08:37:32 -0700, trader_4 wrote:

I have a similar 4GB Android. It has all that came with it, plus
at least a dozen apps that I downloaded.
It still has 1.13GB avaialable.

Depending on your OS, you probably have far less space available
for apps on that phone than the 1.13GB indicates. For examnple,
on my LG Optimus L9 (P769), the Android 4.1.2 OS indicates there
is 1.8 GB, but, in reality, there is only half that, at 600MB.

So, be careful when you read what "available memory" is in an
Android phone because the various versions of Android spit
out different answers to the same question.

I can't tell you what that number is telling you without
you telling us which Android operating system you have.

For the gory (hundreds of posts) details, see this thread:
How do we get Android to spit out the true memory & storage situation?
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...id/e6svmGS1M-E

Assuming you neither have an older or newer Android, what you're
probably seeing is the available space after the OS is installed
but *before* any pre-installed apps from the carrier are installed.