Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_10_] Danny D.[_10_] is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptiveadvertising

On Sun, 06 Apr 2014 08:32:02 -0700, trader_4 wrote:

Are you sure there isn't something wrong, like a corrupted file
system, some apps half installed, not removed completely, etc
that is making it look like memory isn't available?
Maybe it's time to restore it to original, wipe it clean and start over?

The LG Optimus L9 already at factory default settings (because
it was intended as a gift, but it's unusable as a smart phone).

Out of the box, the OS says there is 1.8GB but that's only what
the OS thinks there is to start with.

The non-movable and non-deletable apps that come pre-installed on
the phone use up 600 more megabytes, so, what you have "available"
to the user, out of the box, is 600MB for app storage.

BTW, the first step to solving the problem is "unlocking the bootloader",
which, as innocent as that sounds, turns out to be a bit
confusing (so far) for the P769 that I have in my hands:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2557249