Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_10_] Danny D.[_10_] is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptiveadvertising

On Sun, 06 Apr 2014 08:32:02 -0700, trader_4 wrote:

It's just that the additional memory can't be used to
store apps, as I understand it. Do you have photos,
videos, music, etc that are hogging space and can go
to the flash card?

The device is unusable out of the box, so I have
never put it into service (it was intended as a gift).
It has zero user content.

The problem isn't the user content anyway (for that,
there is the 32GB sdcard). The problem is that it is
a 600MB phone, but if the carrier actually informed
you of that limitation, you'd never have bought the
phone (as a gift, or otherwise) in the first place.

That's why they lie about the memory.

Anyway, what's done is done. I'm working on unlocking
the bootloader, which isn't as simple as it sounds:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2198114