Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptive advertising

On Sunday, April 6, 2014 11:18:32 AM UTC-4, Danny D. wrote:
On Sun, 06 Apr 2014 06:52:30 -0700, trader_4 wrote:

1 - Look at the apps that are installed and you can see on the phone

how much memory they take. Are there some big ones that he can do

without?

Take the example of Google Chrome. It's 75MB.

Yet it can't be removed.

I just checked my phone. You're right, chrome is a big app.
On my phone it's 113MB. But.... That's the only app that's anywhere
near that size. Next biggest is Google Search, which is 62MB and
they quickly tail off in size after that. Total used is 670MB, with
1.3GB free.

So, where's the list of these other mega apps that are taking all
your memory?

There are SCORES of apps that can't be removed, yet, which will

never be used.

Sure, but again on my similar phone the total of all apps removable
or not, is 670MB, with 1.3GB still free.

Of course, the technical solution is to overwrite the operating

system (e.g., Cyanogenmod), which allows you to control this,

but, my point isn't that I can root the phone ... it's that the

companies LIE to the consumer by intimating that you have 4GB

of internal memory which can be augmented by 32GB of sdcard.

It can be augmented and used for photos, videos, music, etc.
So, I wouldn't say it's exactly a lie.

The truth is that you have 600MB of internal memory for apps,

and it can't be augmented.

Did you verify this was all you had when the phone was new, out of
the box? Or did you wind up there after some period of time, with something possibly corrupted that is resulting in space being marked as used,
when it's not, etc? Did you try doing a full restore on it? Take
it to Tmobile, show them the problem and see what their tech says?