Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptive advertising

On Sunday, April 6, 2014 11:15:50 AM UTC-4, Danny D. wrote:
On Sun, 06 Apr 2014 04:06:49 -0500, K Wills wrote:

Where is *that* information located?

Probably near the bottom of a print ad. Along the bottom of the

screen for TV.

It's not.

Nowhere in any T-Mobile document on the web is the truth told.

Also, I have *many* (documented) communications with T-Mobile

where they actually told me the wrong answer to the basic

question of how much USABLE memory there was.

The answer they give is 4GB.

The real answer is 600MB.

I'm not sure why I'm the only one (apparently) who feels

T-Mobile should tell the truth, but, that's the whole point

of solicitation opinions.

I guess I'm the only one who cares that the carriers not

lie to the consumer. Either that, or I'm the only one dumb

enough to (initially) believe the lie.

A cell phone today has many characteristics of a similar consumer
device, the PC. When you buy a PC and the manufacturer lists the
specs that say 6GB RAM, 1TB hard drive, are they lying because not
all of it is free and available to store or run apps? They've been
selling them that was for 3 decades, AFAIK.