Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptive advertising

On Sunday, April 6, 2014 11:13:28 AM UTC-4, Danny D. wrote:
On Sun, 06 Apr 2014 04:06:49 -0500, K Wills wrote:

Your phone likely has the four GB offered. But, as with all

computing devises, this isn't the amount of free memory you'll be able

to use.

My point exactly.

Why shouldn't the carrier be forced (by the FTC or FCC) to tell

the consumer the truth?

Why can't the consumer turn on the phone when they first take
possession and see how much free memory it has? I bet that if
you went back in the first week and said I can't use this phone
because my apps won't fit, they'd do something about it, like
offer to switch you up to a better phone for the difference.

One problem with having that number available is that I'm sure
it constantly changes with software loads, bug fixes, etc. And
it sure isn't how it works with similar devices, eg a PC.
They tell you that the PC has 6GB of RAM, 1TB of hard drive, not
how much is free and available for either storing or running apps.