Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptive advertising

On Sunday, April 6, 2014 11:08:54 AM UTC-4, Danny D. wrote:
On Sun, 06 Apr 2014 12:01:31 +0200, Poutnik wrote:

Perhaps different bunches of nonOS preinstalled apps by vendors ?

Or big differences in size across different Android versions ?

On this LG Optimus L9 (model LG-P769), there is 1.8GB available

as reported by the OS (which means the Android 4.1.2 OS took up

2.2 GB) but only 600MB available after LG & T-Mobile software

was added by the carrier (which means they added 600MB of apps).

I have a similar 4GB Android. It has all that came with it, plus
at least a dozen apps that I downloaded. It still has 1.13GB avaialable.
I suspect something is wrong with your phone that's eating up space,
like a corrupted file system, some apps that didn't install correctly, etc.

Even assuming it is truely loaded with apps by the carrier, why
can't you delete the apps that you don't need? Did you take a look
at how much memory each app is taking? You have something unusual on
there?

The problem is that nobody tells the consumer that the 32GB

sd card can't be used for app storage; so you're stuck with

the 600MB (which nobody tells you either).

What did they tell you when you asked?

Since the carrier *knows* this information, it is my heartfelt

opinion that the carrier should truthfully and faithfully

report the "usable" memory to the consumer, not the initial

memory.

Hence my FTC and FCC complaints about deceptive advertising.

Is that how it works with a PC? Do they tell you how much RAM
or hard drive is free versus how much the OS and apps loaded take
up/use?