Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_10_] Danny D.[_10_] is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptiveadvertising

On Sun, 06 Apr 2014 06:52:30 -0700, trader_4 wrote:

1 - Look at the apps that are installed and you can see on the phone
how much memory they take. Are there some big ones that he can do
without?

Take the example of Google Chrome. It's 75MB.
Yet it can't be removed.

There are SCORES of apps that can't be removed, yet, which will
never be used.

Of course, the technical solution is to overwrite the operating
system (e.g., Cyanogenmod), which allows you to control this,
but, my point isn't that I can root the phone ... it's that the
companies LIE to the consumer by intimating that you have 4GB
of internal memory which can be augmented by 32GB of sdcard.

The truth is that you have 600MB of internal memory for apps,
and it can't be augmented.

All I am asking is for the carrier to say the truth in their
advertising.