Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_10_] Danny D.[_10_] is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptiveadvertising

On Sun, 06 Apr 2014 06:30:45 -0700, trader_4 wrote:

If the Android OS is not stored in flash memory on the phone,
where is it stored? In the cloud and downloaded each time the
phone is rebooted? It has to be one or the other. I assumed
it's stored on the phone.

The problem isn't where the Android OS is stored (since we all
know it's stored in the 4GB "internal memory" of the phone).

The problem is that the key spec is "usable memory", not
total initial memory.

It wouldn't matter if the usable memory were, um, usable,
but, since the usable memory turns out to be 600 MB, that
pretty much makes the phone unusable, even with a high-speed
class-10 32GB microSD card.

The complaint is that the mobile carrier *knows* that the
usable memory is only 600MB, but yet they persist in telling
the user that the phone is 4GB with a 32GB flash card
capability ... when they KNOW that the flash card can't
be used (it remains empty) for apps and that the available
space for apps is locked at 600MB.

All I am asking the FCC and FTC to do is ask the carrier
to tell the truth. I'm not sure why people feel the truth
should not be told, so, let me ask a question of the group:

QUESTION:
Why shouldn't the carrier be told to tell the truth?