Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_10_] Danny D.[_10_] is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptiveadvertising

On Sun, 06 Apr 2014 12:01:31 +0200, Poutnik wrote:

Perhaps different bunches of nonOS preinstalled apps by vendors ?
Or big differences in size across different Android versions ?

On this LG Optimus L9 (model LG-P769), there is 1.8GB available
as reported by the OS (which means the Android 4.1.2 OS took up
2.2 GB) but only 600MB available after LG & T-Mobile software
was added by the carrier (which means they added 600MB of apps).

The problem is that nobody tells the consumer that the 32GB
sd card can't be used for app storage; so you're stuck with
the 600MB (which nobody tells you either).

Since the carrier *knows* this information, it is my heartfelt
opinion that the carrier should truthfully and faithfully
report the "usable" memory to the consumer, not the initial
memory.

Hence my FTC and FCC complaints about deceptive advertising.