Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Washing machine inlet hose

On 06/04/2014 10:46, GB wrote:
Washing machine inlet hose - I've just fitted the hose that came with a
new Beko washing machine for someone. To stop it leaking, I had to
tighten the hose with a pair of grips. Normally, finger tightness will do.

Is this an accident just waiting to happen, do you think? Should I go
back, pull the machine out and fit a decent hose? It's awkward to
access, but I'd rather do that than have a flood.

Presumably the threads are plastic on plastic? Are they just tight to
turn, or are the threads bottoming without making a proper seal?

If the former, try lubricating the threads. You *should* be able to get
a seal just with hand tightening. If the latter, try a thicker washer -
or just an extra washer.
--
Cheers,
Roger