Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair
Poutnik Poutnik is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptive advertising

Poutnik posted Sun, 6 Apr 2014 11:53:30 +0200

K Wills posted Sun, 06 Apr 2014 04:08:00 -0500

Based on what I've been reading, I think Danny's confusion is
over how much memory there is in total vs. what is available for use
by the person operating the phone.

I suppose so. Maybe root cause of his confusion is
the false thought the Android OS is stored
in dedicated firmware flash storage, something like BIOS in PC,
what is not true.

P.S.:What make me wonder is how much this initial free space
vary across vendors/models.

I remember my Sony Xperia M Dual 4GB with A4.2.2
had initially about 1.7 GB free of so.

Perhaps different bunches of nonOS preinstalled apps by vendors ?
Or big differences in size across different Android versions ?

--
Poutnik

There is a good reason, why writers/directors do not repeat
all previous pages/episodes at the start of current one.