Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_10_] Danny D.[_10_] is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptiveadvertising

On Sat, 05 Apr 2014 14:41:56 -0500, K Wills wrote:

In my case, I feel I was deceived by deceptive advertising on T-Mobile
LG Android phones which advertised 4GB of internal memory

How much memory did/does yours have?

I understand your point.

a. LG says it has 4GB of internal memory.
b. T-Mobile says it has 4GB of internal memory.
Therefore, I must assume the phone has 4GB of internal memory.

My question is, how is a consumer supposed to know that this 4GB
of internal memory turns into, in reality, only 600 MB of internal
memory for app and appdata storage?

Where is *that* information located?

It's not like that's not an important datapoint.

I feel the carrier should tell us this information *before*
we purchase the phone, since, I believe, it's impossible for
a consumer to *know* this important information without not only
having the phone in their hands, but also adding their google play
account and trying to install apps onto the SD card (and failing).

If the carrier won't tell us, how are we supposed to know that a
particular 4GB phone is, in reality, only a 600MB phone?