Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_10_] Danny D.[_10_] is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptive advertising

If you feel like complaining about your cell phone, you get 1,000 characters
on the online FCC complaint form & 3,000 characters on the online FTC form:

FCC 888-225-5322
https://esupport.fcc.gov/ccmsforms/f...orm_type=2000A

FTC 877-382-4357
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/Details

In my case, I feel I was deceived by deceptive advertising on T-Mobile
LG Android phones which advertised 4GB of internal memory *plus* the
capability of a 32-GB external SD card (presumably for augmenting that
paltry memory).

Caveat emptor!

Nobody told me that, after Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), apparently
you can't move any apps to the sd card, nor can you install apps onto the
SD card. If that is true (and I'm still confused whether that's the
case since it appears to be so for my phone but maybe not for others),
then I feel I was the victim of deceptive advertising.

Mea culpa!

Of course, that only holds sway if lots of other people feel the
same way (otherwise, I was just plain stupid).

So if you feel that you've been swayed by deceptive advertising into buying
an Android phone which subsequently turns out to be useless due to this
(or any other issue), I would encourage you to similarly complain using
the easy-to-use online forms referenced above.

FCC - Wireless Telephone - Unlawful advertising - Deceptive or unlawful
advertising or marketing by a communications company
(does NOT include Telemarketing)
FTC - Use the easy "Complaint Assistant"

PS: Don't tell my sister there is an easy-to-use "complaint assistant"!