Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] ralfehr@gmail.com is offline

Default Buying a new (well water bladder) pressure tank

On Thursday, October 14, 2010 8:43:55 AM UTC-5, millinghill wrote:
I measured only 12psi of air in my bladder tank after it was fully
emptied of water. Should be around 28. Need to buy a new pressure
tank (32gal equivalent or bigger) and am looking for recommendations.
I've read some poor reviews of HomeDepot's Flotec tank. Local
plumbing supply scowled when I mentioned Amtrol because they use
"lower grade steel made in China" but I'm not sure how valid that
claim is because he was trying REALLY hard to sell me his floor
model. I've also seen Utilitech tanks from Lowes that appear to be a
good buy.

Is there a quality heirarchy out there for these tanks? All
recommendations appreciated.

Thanks,
Theodore

P.S. thanks for all the great replies to my previous post to
investigate my tank/pump problem!

My tank leaks air pressure and when I add back air pressure then air squirts out of the faucets. Is the bladder shot?