Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan.Espen Dan.Espen is offline

Default Vacuum smells like dog!

"(PeteCresswell)" writes:

Per EXT:
I still find central vacs
better when they are exhausted outside of the house.

You have me thinking. I dislike the noise of most vacuum cleaners.

But I'm guessing that retrofit of a central vac is a major undertaking -
probably not worth it.

I have a retrofit, not a big job at all.
A pro did it in under a day.

Is there any middle ground? Maybe something where a central vac outlet
could be installed, say, in the soil stack area and then an extended
hose?

Hoses are from 30 to 36 feet.

Mark a garden hose at 30 feet and find central locations that cover the
whole house. That tells you where and how many outlets you need or
if the job is feasible.

--
Dan Espen