A MacAulay

Default Fluid Drive variable speed query

Have been offered a very large headstock & faceplates for turning platters &
bowls around the 1 meter Dia range. Also offered is a 3 phase motor of ?? hp
and a fluid variable drive. The fluid drive looks to be extremely large &
heavy in comparison with motor physical size. Sorry I have no specs for
either motor or fluid drive at this stage. Does anyone have any experience
with this sort of variable speed setup i.e.. talk produced. I am asking the
question as I have to ascertain how much to pay for these bits as well as
the fact that I'll have to build a base to mount headstock & drive motors
etc.

Thanks in advance

Allan www.wave.co.nz/pages/macaulay