Chris

Default Dishwasher Element Problem

Our Hoover Dishwasher got stuck in mid cycle last night. A quick diagnosis
revealed a hole blown in the element. I've removed the element but before I
spend out on a new one, does anyone think that the resultant short may have
damaged some other part of the machine (controller?). As the machine is
around eight years old I would hate to spend out around 30 quid on a new
element only to find I should have put it to towards a new machine instead!

I've put a voltmeter across the element wires & run the machine up, but I'm
not sure at what point the element should come on, also would there be a
voltage with no water in the machine?