Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob_Villa Bob_Villa is offline

Default OT computers

On Sunday, March 30, 2014 4:41:56 PM UTC-5, Jerry wrote:
My machine is old, 12 yrs to be exact. I do believe my hard drive is

dying. Wouldn't mind keeping my monitor, but would like to increase memory,

speed, etc. And, specifically would like all my information put on the new

system. I really like Outlook Express, but have heard it is not available

anymore.

In other words, I need some words of wisdom regarding what information I

should be looking for. And what should I steer clear of?

As you can tell I really lack computer knowledge.

thanks

Max for your system RAM is probably 2GB total(considering availability). At $20 each ($40+shp) for tested/used sticks.
http://www.oempcworld.com/Merchant2/...&AttributeCode[1]=Computer&AttributeValue[1]=Dimension+4550+%28DDR-400MHz%29