Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default OT computers

wrote:
On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 13:38:36 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 3/31/2014 8:46 AM, trader_4 wrote:
I just had a friend complaining to me that he was trying to restore
an XP system he has and he said he tried to download service pack 3
for XP and it's no longer available. Not sure that's true, but that's
what he said. If so, that's a real bitch. I can understand not
supporting it anymore, but you would think MSFT would still make
available the existing last updates for it.

I had a rough time trying to find SP3, it's
"for network professionals". From experience,
don't go to the web for sp3, you'll get some
thing that kills your computer. DAMHIKT.

It is still available - I downloaded and installed it last week to
resurrect a little Toshibba Portege R200.

You DO need to make sure you are only downloading SP3 and not 1001
other programs the download sites try to stuff in on you.

You also have to make sure SP2 is installed.

Greg