Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_10_] Danny D.[_10_] is offline

Default What am I doing so wrong in this kitchen sink strainer removalprocess?

On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 07:56:47 -0400, Mr.E wrote:

The beveled bushing/washer is the pipe to pipe socket slip seal.

The shoulder bushing/washer is the basket to tailpiece/pipe seal. Flat
top to basket, small part into tailpiece.

My mistake.

I should have made it clear that the metal sink strainer already
came with its own shoulder bushing, so I already used a shoulder
bushing at the top of the plastic tailpipe.

The elbow came with another shoulder bushing, and only one
beveled bushing.

My dilemma was that I was essentially missing a beveled bushing,
but, if I followed the instructions, the entire pipe kept falling
apart in my hands.

So, there's something very wrong with this picture.
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2844/1...84eea3d7_h.jpg

I just don't know how those instructions could possibly have been
followed by anyone.