Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_10_] Danny D.[_10_] is offline

Default What am I doing so wrong in this kitchen sink strainerremovalprocess?

On Sun, 30 Mar 2014 09:17:20 +0200, nestork wrote:

Then, phone around to the plumbing wholesalers in your area and find out
which of them sell Kindred 1135 strainer baskets, & replace the junk

This brings up a good question, especially since the flange on the
sink basket that I put in is not wide enough to cover the rust, so,
I have to replace it anyway.
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3669/1...bd59d2dd_b.jpg

When I was at Home Depot, there was a $20 Glacial, $30 whatever, and
$40 Kohler sink basket.

I had wanted the Kohler, but, my wallet was recently stolen, so I had
no credit cards and only enough for the $20 strainer basket and parts
and tools.

The $40 Kohler was something like twice or three times as heavy as
the Glacial - and it seemed to be built better.

Would you equate the Kohler with that Kindred?

I'm not sure the model of the Kohler, but here's one guess from googling
right now for home depot and kohler kitchen strainer:
http://www.homedepot.com/s/kohler%25...n%2520strainer

PS: What do I look for in a "good" kitchen strainer, now that I know
I put a junky one in my sister's kitchen sink?