Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_10_] Danny D.[_10_] is offline

Default What am I doing so wrong in this kitchen sink strainerremovalprocess?

On Sun, 30 Mar 2014 09:17:20 +0200, nestork wrote:

whomever did that work didn't know what he was doing.

Now that you clued me in to the fact that the underside of the
basket was *GLUED* to the sink, it all starts to make sense!

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3728/1...441550b3_b.jpg

I don't know WHO did it, but, my sister told me the last guy
there was the Sears Kenmore reverse osmosis installer.

Notwithstanding the fact the reverse osmosis system leaked long
ago so they disconnected it (but left it in place), what seems
to have happened is that installer *glued* the basket from the
underside.

If so, that explains the inability of the lock ring to turn.

It also explains the lack of caulking on the topside under the
basket flange.

It explains why I had to bang the strainer out from the underside.

And, it possibly explains why the tailpipe was upside down.

Sheeesh. You can't trust whomever did all that, just to save a buck!

Thanks for figuring out the enigma. I've been fixing things around
the home almost ever day, without needing to post lately, but, this
one had perplexed me until you pointed out the glue!