Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_10_] Danny D.[_10_] is offline

Default What am I doing so wrong in this kitchen sink strainer removalprocess?

On Sat, 29 Mar 2014 23:18:43 -0700, Bob F wrote:

I was going to suggest pouring a pot of boiling water down
the drain first, but this probably would be better.

I peeled it apart and banged it out.

One mistake I made though, was not purchasing a WIDE flange
basket.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3824/1...c21c4059_c.jpg

Apparently the flange on the new basket is slightly less wide
than the original, so, the rust at the edge of the sink is
now showing.

My mistake was in not knowing that ahead of time (which my
sister pointed out to me).