Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default What am I doing so wrong in this kitchen sink strainer removal process?

"Danny D." wrote:
On Sat, 29 Mar 2014 22:21:39 -0500, Terry Coombs wrote:

Best thing to do in this case is get the old one out any way possible
and replace it with a new unit.

It wasn't elegant, but I pried & banged the old strainer basket out.
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3714/1...2fab2157_c.jpg

So that now all I have to do is clean up the gunk in the hole.
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3798/1...30e289ba_c.jpg

What I found out was that the previous owner jury rigged the basket
with caulk and the tailpipe put in upside down.
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3750/1...b00e1fd1_c.jpg

So, I'm going to replace all that incorrect plumbing tomorrow.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7248/1...2ca1f4eb_c.jpg

Why not add a garbage disposal while you are under there?

My recommendation would be the InSinkErator Evolution Essential. Very
quiet, very powerful.