Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default Telephone Spammers

"hamilton" wrote in message
On 3/26/2014 5:39 PM, Martin Riddle wrote:
On Wed, 26 Mar 2014 13:12:07 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

I just experienced a telephone spammer who sent my own telephone
number as the CID!

Anyone else experienced that?

Since I use Ooma, I wonder if I can't simply blacklist my own number?
I'll ask support.

...Jim Thompson

This sounds interesting..
http://www.phonetray.com/

WOW, do computers still have modems ??

There's still a few floating about - I even have some in the junk box,
there's not much worthy salvage in them other than the power jack.

When you get broadband, you most definitely want to get rid of the modem -
some infected websites can plant rogue dialer malware that calls premium
rate numbers without telling you.