Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

Default Telephone Spammers

I just experienced a telephone spammer who sent my own telephone
number as the CID!

Anyone else experienced that?

Since I use Ooma, I wonder if I can't simply blacklist my own number?
I'll ask support.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

On Wed, 26 Mar 2014 13:12:07 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

I just experienced a telephone spammer who sent my own telephone
number as the CID!

Anyone else experienced that?

Since I use Ooma, I wonder if I can't simply blacklist my own number?
I'll ask support.

...Jim Thompson

This sounds interesting..
http://www.phonetray.com/

Cheers
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

I just experienced a telephone spammer who sent my own telephone
number as the CID!

Anyone else experienced that?

Since I use Ooma, I wonder if I can't simply blacklist my own number?
I'll ask support.

...Jim Thompson

This sounds interesting..
http://www.phonetray.com/

Cheers

Good link! Thanks, Martin! Similar to my self-made machine that
shorts out the line.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

I just experienced a telephone spammer who sent my own telephone
number as the CID!

Anyone else experienced that?

Since I use Ooma, I wonder if I can't simply blacklist my own number?
I'll ask support.

...Jim Thompson

This sounds interesting..
http://www.phonetray.com/

WOW, do computers still have modems ??

Cheers

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

I just experienced a telephone spammer who sent my own telephone
number as the CID!

Anyone else experienced that?

Since I use Ooma, I wonder if I can't simply blacklist my own number?
I'll ask support.

...Jim Thompson

This sounds interesting..
http://www.phonetray.com/

WOW, do computers still have modems ??

There's still a few floating about - I even have some in the junk box,
there's not much worthy salvage in them other than the power jack.

When you get broadband, you most definitely want to get rid of the modem -
some infected websites can plant rogue dialer malware that calls premium
rate numbers without telling you.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

Ian Field wrote:

"hamilton" wrote in message

WOW, do computers still have modems ??

There's still a few floating about - I even have some in the junk box,
there's not much worthy salvage in them other than the power jack.

When you get broadband, you most definitely want to get rid of the modem -
some infected websites can plant rogue dialer malware that calls premium
rate numbers without telling you.

I still keep mine for the rare occasion somebody insists I send them
an actual FAX. Much easier to send them a PDF, but some outfits
are still in the dark ages.

Jon