Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Home Depot receipts

On 3/27/2014 8:09 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
woodchucker wrote:
On 3/27/2014 6:34 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 17:33:47 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

woodchucker wrote:

Are you allowed to use it for returns. I recently needed a receipt
for a purchase, and they gave it to me, but would not take a return
on the item.

Huh? Why would you need a receipt for a purchase Jeff? As for
returns, HD will look up the card you purchased any item on (as
long as it was purchased on a card), in the absense of a receipt.
Whoever told you that you needed a receipt at HD is dead wrong.

Lowes doesn't need any sort of a receipt, even for cash transactions.
They ask your phone number and store the purchase information using
that.

--

Not here they don't. You don't have a receipt, they are sending you
away.

That sucks Jeff. It's got to be that store Manager's policy, but he's
outside of the corporate policy - as evidenced by the other stores in your
area. I'd be shopping somewhere else, that's for sure.

Different policies for different locations. I see different policies in
different parts of town for the same stores. In one of the WalMarts in
Houston you have to go through an electronically controlled gate to get
"into" the garden center. If the store is situated in an unsavory part
of town it is probably in the stores best interest to require a receipt,
otherwise the store might be giving a refund or store credit on
merchandise that was never purchased to begin with.