Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Home Depot receipts

On 3/27/2014 6:47 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:

It sure as hell should have ****ed you off. It's HD's policy to just look
it up as long as it was purchased on a card. Likely they will only offer
you store credit (though often they will simply refund the amount), if it's
past 90 days (if I recall correctly), but short of that your local HD was
supposed to take the return per their policy. But... shoulda is just
shoulda, ya know...

I always charge back the card. If not absolutely required with a
business account (yep, I've been in line behind behind some silver
tongued devils who got cash back on a commercial account return), doing
so also simplifies bottom line/budget accounting to be able to enter the
negative amount of the credit/return in spreadsheet/accounting software,
especially if the returns were part of a larger purchase.

Having lived through both, this digital age sure makes Elvis' "TCB" a
lot easier to do than it used to be.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net