Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Home Depot receipts

woodchucker wrote:
On 3/27/2014 5:33 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
woodchucker wrote:

Are you allowed to use it for returns. I recently needed a receipt
for a purchase, and they gave it to me, but would not take a return
on the item.

Huh? Why would you need a receipt for a purchase Jeff? As for
returns, HD will look up the card you purchased any item on (as long
as it was purchased on a card), in the absense of a receipt. Whoever told
you that you needed a receipt at HD is dead wrong.

HD did. I took the copy back at a later time and tried returning it.
They told me I needed the original receipt.
The copy had it clearly printed that it was not usable for a return.
I showed them my credit card bill and the date, they were able to look
it up.. but they wanted the original for the return. It ****ed me off.

It sure as hell should have ****ed you off. It's HD's policy to just look
it up as long as it was purchased on a card. Likely they will only offer
you store credit (though often they will simply refund the amount), if it's
past 90 days (if I recall correctly), but short of that your local HD was
supposed to take the return per their policy. But... shoulda is just
shoulda, ya know...

--

-Mike-