Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem[_2_] Markem[_2_] is offline

Default What is DeWalt/B&D radial arm saw worth?

On Wed, 26 Mar 2014 11:11:58 -0400, woodchucker
wrote:

Not true. With an SCMS you are pushing the blade against the rotation.

When using a radial arm saw, you are climb cutting.

Funny I had no problems ripping or cross cutting. It was the dado that
made me realize the danger. I always had a healthy respect for the RAS,
since the blade was fully exposed. And it was the first time the saw
showed me how much power it had when it pushed right out to me. The cut
didn't seem to deep, but it bit and just ran right out.

It wasn't bad technique, it was part of the problem with climb cutting.

Was the dado sharp? Just wondering if you had figured anything out as
to why.

Mark