Posted to rec.woodworking

Default What is DeWalt/B&D radial arm saw worth?

woodchucker wrote:

Not to me. I used one for years like you it was my only tool. When I
moved in here, I bought a used 10". I mounted a dado set in it, and
quickly found out why they are dangerous. Never had it race toward me
b4. but I could have lost fingers when it did.

I've heard this before but I never understood it. If that were possible,
then it could only be so if your hands were in the wrong place to start
with, and not a fault of the saw. It seems to me that most of the
complaints about a RAS are reflective of really bad user practice as opposed
to inherent problems with the saw - except for turning the saw for
ripping.Then... I do believe the saw has some inherant problems.

--

-Mike-