Posted to rec.woodworking
Max[_5_] Max[_5_] is offline

Default What is DeWalt/B&D radial arm saw worth?

On 3/25/2014 1:49 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
dadiOH wrote:

Ditto and I wouldn't part with mine either. Sure beats a table saw
when you need to whack a foot off a 10' piece 8/4 oak.

Yeahbut, I so prefer my SCMS over any radial arm saw for this type of work.

I'm on my third SCMS (Milwaukee 6955-20) and I have yet to own one that
gives me the splinter free cuts that my RAS does.

1st one was an 8" Bosch, 2nd another Bosch but 10".

I blamed the blades until I replaced the blade on the 10" with a Forrest
blade; much better but still not as good as the RAS (with a Forrest)
I only do straight (90°) cross cuts on the RAS and use the Milwaukee for
miters.

As usual...YMMV. ;-)